Current Employment Opportunities for:
Position Available: Coordinator, Support Services Group Living (Closing Date for Applications April 29th, 2022)
Position Available: Coordinator, Support Services Group Living
Job Type: Temporary Six Month Position, 40 Hours/week
Location: 100 McRae St., Port Colborne – Centre for Community Living
Community Living Port Colborne-Wainfleet (CLPCW) is a charitable and progressive organization employing over 150 staff who deliver support to over 200 people with intellectual disabilities. Our organization has a proud 60-year history of providing developmental services and inclusive programs within the communities we serve.
Nature and Scope:
The organization provides inclusive supports to adults with intellectual disabilities and to their families including: service co-ordination, formalized planning, community connection, supported independent living, supported group living, respite, and advocacy for the people we support.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Group Living, the successful candidate will work closely as a part of the team to ensure accuracy, efficiency in all aspects of residential support services.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Day to day supervision and oversight in the assigned Group living homes of front line staff and persons supported.
- Responsible for validating the persons supported ledgers and identifying discrepancies.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans.
- Coordination of services supports and funding for persons supported.
- Participate in all required meetings.
- Participate in on-call rotation after hours and on weekends/holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in the social services, healthcare or mental health sector.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with individuals with developmental challenges.
- Supervisory or management experience an asset.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team.
- Adhere to all compliance guidelines and all agency policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety protocols and language of collective agreements.
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to resolve contentious or sensitive situations or issues in a timely manner
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office and electronic care systems.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the persons supported.
If you are interested in joining an organization that is person-centered, provides opportunities for continuous growth and education, offers a competitive wage, and a supportive onboarding experience, please email your cover letter and resume, no later than April 29th, 2022 to:
Senior Team Lead
Community Living Port Colborne-Wainfleet
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Living Port Colborne-Wainfleet will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect to any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation